Your Hidden Canopy host can arrange various tours within the Monteverde area as well as arrange for hotels and excursions in other regions of the country. For details, please inquire in reception.
A few of our favorite tours-
- Guided Forest Walk (Monteverde, Santa Elena, Curicancha or the Ecological Sanctuary reserves) with a semi-private guide-- guide and transportation fees apply plus the entry which $12-18, depending on the reserve. Groups are small and intimate and leave at 8am daily, allowing time for breakfast and a full morning. 2PM departure allows for other activities earlier in the day as well. View mammals, birds and learn about the local ecology. Have your camera with you! This is probably one of our most popular tours. Approx 3 to 4 hours.
- Monteverde/San Luis Organic Coffee tour $35 per person, with transportation included. Learn all about the coffee process, fair trade and the marketing within the industry. Sample fresh brewed coffee in a local campesino farmer's house after touring the farm. This is real Costa Rica life! Approx 2.5 hours.
- Suspended Bridges Tour Self-guided $30 per person, transportation included. 1.8 mile, 3km, hike through the cloud forest and across 5 bridges ranging in height from the forest ground, 60 to 180 feet. Approx 1.5 to 2.5 hours. (Guided tour --additional $25 guide fee per person.)
- Guided Night Walk $30 per person, transportation included. After tea time at 6:15 pm, take a stroll through the nighttime forest in search of sleeping birds, tarantulas, sloths and other local nocturnal mammals. This is a semi-private tour with only Hidden Canopy clients at a special hour to ensure that you are not interrupted during afternoon tea-time. Approx 1.5 hours.
- Canopy Zipline Tour $45-$65 per person, transportation included (our favorites, for the best security and excellent guides -Original Canopy or Sky Trek). An adrenaline rush with a great view of the gulf. Leaving three times daily throughout the morning and early afternoon. Approx 2.5 to 3 hours.
There are also a number of Art Galleries, Butterfly and Hummingbird Gardens, the Frog Pond, Serpentarium (snakes), Horseback riding tours and the wonderful Bat Jungle to explore.... Cabure Café is now offering their new Chocolate Tour too! You just let us know what your particular interests are and we’ll be sure to help coordinate the activities during your stay with us!